Parenting Your Kids to A Blessed Life
How many of you want your children to live a blessed life?
I can see all of your hands raised. Mine too! Raising kids is challenging today for all of us, isn’t it. But not impossible, no matter how crazy our culture becomes.
You might be a single mom and you are fearful about the future of your kids without a father in their story. You might be single (and a little nervous) about starting a family because your own experience with your family was a hard one. Maybe you are afraid to have kids because think you won’t be a good parent?
Would you be willing to start a family if you could predict how your kids would turn out? Or at least give them the right start?
I have got great news for all of you. God has a plan for you and your family, and it is found in the bible in Psalms 112.
112:1 “Praise the LORD! How joyful are those who fear the LORD and delight in obeying his commands.”
There are two things you can do that will fill your heart with Joy:
- When you listen, and follow God
You’ll discover in those moments who God has made you to be, and what He has called you to do - those moments will fill you with Joy! Have you ever tried to build something without reading the directions? I have, and it never seems to work right does it? The directions for who you are and what you are called to do are realized when you are able to hear from God and follow Him. I have a question for you:
Don't you like yourself better when you are clear about who you are and you live out our life by following the instructions? I do! As a matter of fact the sweet spot of my life is in receiving God’s love and loving others. How about you?
- When you delight in obeying the word of God
You won’t delight in the word of God until you try it God’s way, and when you do, you will find out that God’s way is so much smarter than yours. He really knows how to build a great family doesn’t He?
When your kids see you living the Joy of the Lord that flows out of the way you live, it gives them the courage that God’s way works, because they have seen mom and dad live it!
Now read with me all of the promises that God is going to give your children!
- 112:2 “Their children will be successful everywhere; an entire generation of godly people will be blessed.”
- 112:3 “Your kids will be wealthy, and their good deeds will last forever.”
- 112:4 “Light shines in the darkness for the godly. They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.”
- 112:5 “Good comes to those who lend money generously and conduct their business fairly.”
- 112:6 “Such people will not be overcome by evil. Those who are righteous will be long remembered.”
- 112:7 “They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust the LORD to care for them.”
- 112:8 “They are confident and fearless and can face their foes triumphantly.”
- 112:9 “They share freely and give generously to those in need. Their good deeds will be remembered forever. They will have influence and honor.”
- 112:10 “The wicked will see this and be infuriated. They will grind their teeth in anger; they will slink away, their hopes thwarted.” (Psa 112:1–10 NLT-SE)
Be the person God has called you to be, it is the greatest gift you can give them, a life well-lived, and expect that God is going to bless your kids for generations to come.
Happy Thanksgiving, Beloved! We are praying for you.
The Father loves you and sent His Son to let you know!
Add A Review
Share This Post
Published on November 23, 2017.